CoNAC are looking for a volunteer to take on a role within the club that isn’t part of the main committee but reports into the chair and coordinators around the club to help promote the great things our athletes do!
At present a number of us collect and add results, pictures, successes along the way to Facebook, Twitter and on the website where we can, but to do it more thoroughly and engage the media would need someone taking the lead.
Below is a job description that we feel covers the role however in all honesty this role can be shaped in anyway and we are open to new ideas. It doesn’t have to be done by just one person either.
We really look forward to your reply.
Media and Communications Officer
MAIN PURPOSE AND SCOPE OF THE JOB
To actively promote the activities and achievements of the club and its members, using a variety of channels, both within the club and externally within the local area.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
Reports To: Chair, Track & Field, Road Running, Endurance & Sportshall Coordinators.
Committee Role: No
DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Sharing News about CoNAC
- Gather reports and stories from across all areas of the club and format accordingly and publish or share across the various media channels.
- Writing press releases and news reports.
- Gain publicity where required for the club.
- Produce monthly ‘round up’ email to be sent to all members
- Regularly review the website to ensure that it is fit for purpose
Act as a Point of Contact
- Answering enquiries from the press or other media representatives.