At City of Norwich AC we offer a wide range of cross country opportunities for athletes of all ages and abilities. Our Cross Country Coordinator is Jane Clarke – please email or call her on 07748 340485 for further details.
Our Endurance Calendar for the 2016-17 winter season is published here.
Ryston Runners Grand Prix
This six-race series is held on a “once a month” basis in scenic woodland surroundings at Shouldham Warren, between King’s Lynn and Downham Market. This series is particularly suitable for anyone who is starting out in cross country running, returning from injury, supplementing their winter training / racing programme or just wanting a low-key competitive outing. Athletes should pay individually to enter on the day of each race and – as it is easy to get to – make their own way to Shouldham Warren.
There are prizes in each age group for the first three finishers in each race, and overall awards at the end of the series according to the aggregate time for the best three races for each age group – please click here for further information & results.
British Athletics Cross Challenge
The British Athletics Cross Challenge provides high-class competition for all age groups at four meetings during the winter of 2016-17. As such, these events are intended for athletes who are performing consistently well at other cross-country events and for those wishing to develop. Please click here for further information & results and to enter online.
In addition to the above, as a club we are targeting all the main championship events during the 2016-17 season – please contact Jane Clarke for further details.
- National XC Relay Championships – Saturday 5 November 2016, Mansfield
- Norfolk County Championships – Sunday 4 December 2016, Thetford
- South of England Masters and Inter-Counties XC Championships – Saturday 10 December 2016 – selection only via Athletics Norfolk
- South of England XC Championships – Saturday 29 January 2017, Parliament Hill Fields – entries and transport arranged by CoNAC
- National XC Championships – Saturday 26 February 2017, Wollaton Park, Nottingham – entries and transport arranged by CoNAC